[Junta] Extended R5RS Scheme

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 02:38:21 PDT 2007

On 9/1/07, Harold Ancell <hga at ancell-ent.com> wrote:
> A reply mostly on process and goal issues:
>
> Ah, is it ER5RS or XR5RS?  I personally find
> "X" to be overused by now, it was cool when
> I read about the discovery of Pluto in grade
> school, but much has passed since then....
>
> As mentioned, an "Extended Range" Scheme
> has a nice sound to my ear, and I'll note
> it has the virtue of "Truth In Advertising".

Tee-hee-hee. `Extended Range R^5RS' would be ERR^5RS which visually
puns such a lovely word :) Or we could go with ER^7S and obfuscate the
semantics of the 'R' which has another kind of pun-ny attraction to my
kind of evil mind...

> I'm fine either way, but would like to avoid
> committing too many more words to "paper"
> before perhaps needing to go back and
> edit the name.

Well the naming part is the most fun, but I learned to give up on that
topic years ago. It just wasn't worth the fighting about when the
semantics were what I wanted to get right :)

david rush
--
Once you label me, you negate me
    - Soren Kierkegaard